By: Carolyn Wright
July 6, 2026
Day Six of the Ultimate Blog Challenge!
Share with your visitors a valuable lesson you learned that helped you overcome a challenge you were facing. As you share this lesson, tell your story of what your problem was and what the outcomes was.
Title: The Digital Graveyard: Moving Forward When Old Tech Disappears
Have you ever gone back to look at your old digital work, only to find it completely gone?
Recently, I went to check on my old resource pages and blogs. I was shocked to find that my content had been removed. Platforms I used to rely on heavily—like Wikispaces, Podomatic, and Blogspot—have either shut down completely or archived my inactive accounts. Even when I went to Walmart to look for physical computer games I used to love, like Zuma and Bookworm, I discovered they don't even sell physical discs anymore. Everything has shifted to digital downloads.
Seeing my old digital footprint erased felt incredibly overwhelming. I felt disconnected and stuck, wondering how to rebuild.
But facing this challenge taught me a valuable lesson: The internet changes fast, but our ability to learn and adapt is permanent.
Instead of letting the loss of my old platforms stop me, I decided to use the Ultimate Blog Challenge to get back into the blogging game. The outcome has been incredibly empowering. I am learning how to navigate the modern web, finding new digital versions of my favorite classic games online, and actively publishing fresh content.
If you are facing a setback or feeling left behind by technology, don't give up. Your past work isn't truly lost if the lessons you learned from it help you build something brand new today.
What about you? Have any of your favorite old tech tools or websites disappeared over the years? Let me know in the comments below!
It’s amazing how quickly things change and become obsolete.
ReplyDeleteWe just moved my 90 year old mom into a retirement facility and when we were packing up she wanted to bring all her old DVDs. I explained to her that she doesn’t have a player anymore and everything is streamed now. The amount of changes just in the last 30 years boggles my mind.