Saturday, July 25, 2026



Day 24 :  Write a post about training.

By:  Carolyn Wright

Beyond the Glazed-Over Screen: What the Best Training of My Life Taught Me About Growth
Have you ever signed up for a software training class, only to find yourself staring at a boring, multi-hour video playlist that makes your eyes glaze over? 🖥️
That used to be my exact experience with online learning. As business owners, we all know that high-quality visuals are no longer optional. From our social media feeds to marketing flyers, how our brands look determines how fast we grow. Yet, trying to master modern design tools on your own can feel completely overwhelming.
That all changed for me when I went through two life-changing courses by the brilliant teacher, Anne Raaymakers. Looking back, I can confidently say these were the best professional trainings I have ever experienced. They weren't just tutorials; they completely transformed how I run my business.
The Roadmap: From Foundation to Mastery
My journey started on March 22, 2021, when I took the first course, "In 30 Days a Canva Star." This program laid down the crucial structural foundations I desperately needed. Instead of just showing me where buttons were, it taught me how to actually think like a designer. I learned how to navigate the platform, understand spatial layouts, manipulate typography, and manage color palettes without getting overwhelmed.
Once the foundations were set, I wanted to push my boundaries. On June 27, 2023, I officially leveled up and started the advanced follow-up mastermind, "In 30 Days a Canva Rock Star."
This second course took those foundational concepts and dialed them up to eleven. It pushed me into advanced terrain, showing me how to create complex animations, build cohesive brand kits, and design multi-page business assets that look like they came straight from a high-end marketing agency. Together, these two experiences formed a complete roadmap that turned me from an absolute beginner into a confident visual creator.
The Big Takeaway: Why This Training Actually Stuck
Years after finishing these courses, the lessons are still actively powering my daily business growth. Reflecting on why these specific classes had such a massive impact, I realized the big takeaway has less to do with the software itself, and everything to do with the method of teaching.
The best training works because of three distinct elements:
  • Bite-sized action over long lectures: Instead of exhausting marathons, the material was delivered in digestible, daily actions that prevented cognitive overload.
  • Community-driven execution: Learning alongside a group of peers created a powerful layer of accountability and shared inspiration.
  • Immediate real-world application: Every single lesson required creating something usable for my actual business that very day.
  • Marketing Autonomy: I no longer have to wait days or spend hundreds of dollars hiring freelance designers for basic assets. I can create stunning social media graphics, blog banners, and email headers in minutes.
  • Powerful Business Communication: These courses teach you how to visually structure information. Whether I am building a client presentation or an advertising flyer, I know how to command attention and communicate clearly.
  • Becoming a Proud Affiliate: I fell so deeply in love with Anne's teaching style and the incredible results of her programs that I reached out to her directly to ask for her links so I could become an official affiliate. When you find training this good, you naturally want to shout it from the rooftops!
Mastering a new skill shouldn't feel like a chore. When training is designed around human connection and active doing rather than passive viewing, it sticks for life.
Final Thoughts: Anne is Simply the Best
If you are looking to elevate your business, upgrade your marketing, and actually enjoy the process of learning new technology, you need to check out Anne Raaymakers' programs. She is simply the best instructor out there for turning technical confusion into creative confidence.
I am incredibly grateful for the foundational skills these two courses gave me, and I honestly cannot wait to sign up for more of her classes in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment