Sunday, July 12, 2026

 

Day 12: Answering the Questions I Get Asked the Most

Welcome to Day 12 of the Ultimate Blog Challenge! We have officially been blogging for a dozen days. Today's prompt is all about answering the questions that readers or clients ask over and over again.
While my blog is still growing and my comment section is quiet, my years as an independent home decor displayer taught me exactly what people want to know when it comes to decorating their spaces.
Here are the top three questions I used to get asked all the time at my home shows, along with my favorite tips!
1. "How do I make a room feel cozy without cluttering it?"
People often think they need to fill every empty corner to make a house feel like a home. My favorite secret is layering textures rather than adding more items.
  • Use a mix of soft throw blankets, textured pillows, and a good rug.
  • Group items in odd numbers (like a cluster of 3 items on a table) to look intentional rather than messy.
2. "I love home decor, but how do I get started as a displayer?"
When I started with companies like Home Interiors & Gifts, Celebrating Home, and Signature HomeStyles, this was the exact question I asked!
  • The secret is simply passion and a willingness to talk to people.
  • You don't need a degree in interior design to help people make their homes beautiful. You just need to love the merchandise and enjoy bringing people together for a fun evening.
3. "Why are you blogging now?"
Since I use my blogs for reflections and tracking my future business ventures, people sometimes wonder what my goal is.
  • My answer is simple: I love to learn, and I love a good routine!
  • Whether I am figuring out how to play gospel songs by ear, exploring tools like Canva, or mapping out my next side hustle, this blog is my space to practice out loud.

2 comments:

  1. I used to be in Home Interiors and Gifts! Trouble is I got in just as the purging thing came about. Everyone was getting rid of stuff. They didn't want to buy more stuff. They were going for the empty soulless look - which has lasted for 20 years and is now going out of style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. excellent tips Carolyn - a throw is great since it has the functionality of covering up and creating warmth where needed, as well as a pretty colour and pattern to cover up a mess

    ReplyDelete