Sunday, July 19, 2026

 Day 7

Title: Finding Joy in the Journey: My Two Favorite Ways to Learn and Have Fun

By:  Carolyn Wright

Today’s challenge prompt asks us to share something we do for fun. For me, "fun" isn't just about relaxing—it is about the thrill of learning something brand new! There are two specific areas in my life right now that bring me immense joy and creative energy: gospel piano and modern technology.

First, I have been teaching myself how to play the piano! Back in June, I signed up for a free 14-day trial to learn how to play by ear. It has been such an exciting challenge. Not only have I been practicing my finger exercises daily, but I even used an AI assistant to help me figure out the notes to a familiar melody. I chose "Mary Had a Little Lamb," and I actually sat down at the keys and figured out the entire tune all by myself! It felt like a massive win, and I cannot wait to explore and tackle more songs soon.

My second great love is diving into technology. To me, software and new digital features are a total adventure because there is always something new to discover. I love exploring how programs work from the inside out. Right now, my absolute favorite creative software tools are Canva and Easil. Playing around with layouts, graphics, and design features is highly addictive and incredibly rewarding.

Learning keeps my mind sharp and makes every day feel like an adventure. Whether I am cracking the code to a new melody on the piano or mastering a new design tool on my computer, I am always having fun.

What about you? What is something new you have tried learning recently just for the fun of it? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment