Sunday, July 19, 2026

 

Day 19 of the Ultimate Blog Challenge 

Title: The $5,000 Tech Trap: Why Automation Can Never Replace Human Touch

By:  Carolyn Wright

Opening up and being vulnerable isn't easy, but today I want to share a massive mistake I made. It is a story about a high-stakes credit card purchase, a tech-driven disappearing act, and the terrifying moment I thought I would be paying off a $5,000 debt for the rest of my life.
A while ago, I decided to invest heavily in my growth and charged a premium $5,000 digital program to my credit card. The bank approved the transaction instantly. My money was gone, but there was one massive problem: I never received the product.
No login details. No welcome email. Nothing.
Panicked, I tried contacting the company using every single method they provided. I sent emails, submitted contact forms, and left messages. Nothing but automated silence. My guess is that these high-profile creators built a completely tech-driven customer service system that simply couldn't handle a glitch like mine. No human was actually reading the messages. Technology is an incredible tool, but automation fails when there is no human oversight to catch the errors.
Getting this fixed felt like an impossible mission. Because no one was reading my standard support tickets, I had to get creative. I began disguising my problem in clever, eye-catching messages just to bypass their digital filters. It worked. I finally broke through the wall of bots and secured a live Zoom meeting with a real person.
Once I explained that I wasn't breaking their strict "no refund" contract—but rather that I had literally never received the product to begin with—they understood. They realized it was a system glitch, not my fault, and they wiped that terrifying $5,000 debt off my card. I have never felt such a profound sense of relief in my entire life!
The Big Lesson for Business Owners
This adventure taught me a critical lesson about entrepreneurship. Relying entirely on technology to manage your clients is a recipe for disaster. If you want your brand to truly stand out and connect with people, you must follow up with your clients personally. Use technology to scale, but always keep a human in the loop.

Over to You! 👇
As part of Day 19 of the Ultimate Blog Challenge, I’m opening up the floor to you:
  • Have you ever had a tech tool fail you in a major way?
  • What is one mistake you made in your business or journey that taught you a massive lesson?
Let's talk about it in the comments below! Drop your thoughts and your Day 19 blog link so I can visit your site and support your challenge journey!

1 comment:

  1. That must have been a bit scary and frustrating at the same time. Good for you for sticking with it and figuring it out how to break through the wall.

    ReplyDelete