Day 16:
By: Carolyn Wright
Share a song lyric or the phrase you live by with your community
The Words That Move Me: Why If I Can Help Somebody Shapes Everything I Do
Have you ever had a song lyric get so completely stuck in your head that you found yourself humming it all day long? Or maybe you have a specific phrase—a personal creed—that acts as your internal compass when things get hectic?
These short, powerful song verses do more than just sound good. They remind us of who we are, what we value, and how we want to show up in the world.
"If I Can Help Somebody" by Alma Bazel Androzzo
Verse 1
If I can help somebody as I pass along,
If I can cheer somebody with a word or song,
If I can show somebody he is traveling wrong,
Then my living shall not be in vain.
If I can help somebody as I pass along,
If I can cheer somebody with a word or song,
If I can show somebody he is traveling wrong,
Then my living shall not be in vain.
Chorus
Then my living shall not be in vain,
Then my living shall not be in vain;
If I can help somebody as I pass along,
Then my living shall not be in vain.
Then my living shall not be in vain,
Then my living shall not be in vain;
If I can help somebody as I pass along,
Then my living shall not be in vain.
Verse 2
If I can do my duty as a good man should,
If I can bring back beauty to a world up wrought,
If I can spread love's message as the Master taught,
Then my living shall not be in vain.
If I can do my duty as a good man should,
If I can bring back beauty to a world up wrought,
If I can spread love's message as the Master taught,
Then my living shall not be in vain.
Chorus
Then my living shall not be in vain,
Then my living shall not be in vain;
If I can help somebody as I pass along,
Then my living shall not be in vain.
Then my living shall not be in vain,
Then my living shall not be in vain;
If I can help somebody as I pass along,
Then my living shall not be in vain.
Verse 3
If I can lose my life for those who are oppressed,
If I can offer comfort to a heart distressed,
If I can guide a weary soul to find its rest,
Then my living shall not be in vain.
If I can lose my life for those who are oppressed,
If I can offer comfort to a heart distressed,
If I can guide a weary soul to find its rest,
Then my living shall not be in vain.
thank you for sharing this song. is really inspiring!!
ReplyDeleteThank you! That song really touched my heart too, so I'm thrilled it inspired you
Delete